STOP THE BLEED INITIATIVE
In an effort to do our part towards the long-term success of the initiative set forth by the American College of Surgeons and the Hartford Consensus to support President Obama’s policy directive for national preparedness (Presidential Policy Directive 8), SERTAC has put the following into place:
- SERTAC purchased a total of 12 Training Kits to be used throughout the entire region. With the kits purchased, we needed a plan for the distribution of the kits to requesting agencies. SERTAC found one (1) “Champion” in each of the 9 Counties to house and maintain the training kits. These champions would not only house the kits but maintain responsibility for coordinating their distribution to requesting agencies and ensuring that all equipment is in working order. The remaining three training kits will be kept with the SERTAC Coordinator to ensure the distribution to agencies that are training larger audiences.
- These kits are now available for agency use—simply fill out the form below to contact your county’s “Champion” and request the kit for your agency’s training dates.
- SERTAC now has bleeding control items for purchase at a discounted rate. Although the items are less than what the public could purchase them from a distributor for, the price is slightly inflated from what SERTAC purchases the items for. SERTAC will use the revenue from those items and put it towards buying additional Bleeding Control kits to put in to the communities.
- These items can be found below.
- Currently, purchases can only be made by check. Once an order is placed, instructions will be emailed to you with information on where to mail your check, and your items will be shipped when your payment has been received.